Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lazarus and the Rich Man

Artist: Eduard von Gebhardt

This morning's gospel was, of course, the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. I heard it at Fellowship Lutheran Church here in Tulsa where I'm teaching a series of classes on prayer for the next six weeks. I think I'll probably worship with them for the duration so I can make an effort to tie in what I say during the prayer classes with what they hear in the sermon. What interested me the most this morning was the dimissal. The assistant minister said, "Go in peace and remember the poor." I experienced that as very powerful. Very powerful, indeed.

Suppose we all trained ourselves to do that after each Sunday celebration of the Eucharist? Suppose we trained ourselves to make remembering the poor a true priority?

It's just something I'm thinking about today.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.