Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wings like eagles


This morning's lessons include one of my favorite passages from Isaiah:
Those who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.
Deacon Judy Gann was our guest preacher this morning. One line from her sermon will stick with me for life, I think:
Today's motivational speakers have nothing on Isaiah!
Oh, how true. ("Have you not known? Have you not heard?")

And I just can't resist sharing this oldie:

1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite scripture when I was growing up. I am still trying to decide whether I am glad you blogged it or not.
    Carolyn L.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.