Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The feast of Charles Simeon

Charles Simeon (1759 - 1836)

I found a very interesting essay on Charles Simeon (priest) entitled "Simeon's Brigade" on the Christianity Today Library website. Do take a look.

On his deathbed, Simeon spoke these words (which I found here):
When asked what he was thinking, he replied, "I don't think now; I am enjoying."

Then later: "I am in a dear Father's hand; all is secure. When I look to him I see nothing but faithfulness - and immutability - and truth; and I have the sweetest peace."
What a lovely way to die. May we all be so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.