Saturday, August 23, 2008

Prayer of Forgiveness

Here is a prayer of forgiveness that I found many years ago and saved. This prayer makes it clear that true forgiveness is a decision - not a feeling. If the hurt in my heart is very great, using these words is a huge help:
Healer of Hearts, Counselor of Souls,
Each morning the miracle of life is renewed in me;
As I have been restored, time after time
So now do I pass on the merciful gift to ______________.
On my part I release him/her/them from any bond of anger, blame, recrimination.
May all corrosive links between us be dissolved.
By the blessed balm of peace and concord.
I believe this was written by Caitlin Matthews .

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.