Monday, April 7, 2008

What church is really for

By a 10 year old
If This Is Not a Place

If this is not a place where tears are understood
Where can I go to cry?

If this is not a place where my spirit can take wing
Where do I go to fly?

If this is not a place where my questions can be asked
Where do I go to seek?

If this is not a place where my feelings can be heard
Where do I go to speak?

If this is not a place where you will accept me as I am
Where can I go to be?

If this is not a place where I can try to learn and grow
Where do I just be me?

(Attributed to William J. Crockett)

This was posted on a brand new blog I just discovered called Thoughts and Liturgical Elements for the Emerging Church.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ellie. This is a beautiful image of a safe place, which is hopefully church, but is often small groups.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.